AT&T at MWC
This app is designed for use with a virtual reality headset (eg. Google Cardboard). It contains beautiful visuals, sound and interactivity to enhance your journey and ensure you are totally absorbed in content.
In the Industrial Internet of Things section of the app you’ll assume the character of a forklift truck driver delivering important cargo to a container ship before being taken on an exhilarating flight to follow the goods’ journey over sea and by air. Along the way you’ll be able to hear, read and experience in 360 degree graphics the ways in which AT&T is transforming business with the Internet of Things.
In the Digital Life section off the app you’ll see how one app integrates Home Automation, Energy Efficiency and Home Security. By hovering over the two rooms in the house you can preview the story held within; to choose a story to explore hold your selection for 2 seconds and you will be transported into that room.
– In the downstairs room, a story about ‘grandma’ whose caregiver can monitor her care remotely plays out around you.
– In the upstairs room, you can trigger benefits of the ‘Go to Bed’ program by looking around the room.
Once both rooms have been explored a third story is unlocked and a car will pull in to the garage, showing the benefits of a simpler life with connected car.
In the Connected Car section of the app you’ll be able to interact with three stories about how AT&T is transforming cars into travelling Wi-Fi hotspots. By looking at and holding your gaze on the three available hotspots, you’ll be able to:
– Explore the Glympse story and see its benefits
– Discover the wide range of apps available in an AT&T Connected Car
– Understand how a connected car updates its firmware automatically overnight
Special Feature: Version 1.0 of the app has iBeacon functionality when used in Innovation City at Mobile World Congress 2015 in Barcelona, Spain. If you are unable to make it to Mobile World Congress you can use standard menu functionality to navigate.
Menu: Tap a section to select
Note: If using iBeacon functionality, open the app so the menu is visible. When you are in close proximity of an iBeacon at Mobile World Congress the correct scene will trigger automatically.
Industrial Internet of Things:
– Upon entering the dockyard scene, read the introduction panel and look at the arrow on the right of it to move on. Follow the journey until you are instructed to take off your headset.
– Upon entering the scene, read the introduction panel and look at the arrow on the right to move on.
– Watch the animation series then read the instructions on the panel and look at the arrow to the left to move on.
– To preview the contents of a room look at the room, you will see an overlay and info panel appear.
– To enter the room, hold your gaze on that room for 2 seconds and you will be transported into the room.
– Downstairs room – witness the character moving through the storyline, read the summary, at the end of the story, when prompted, look down and you will be transported to back outside the house.
– Upstairs room – look around the room to trigger animations, once all the animations are triggered, when prompted, look down to be transported to back outside the house.
– When both rooms have been explored, watch the animation of a car driving into the garage until you are instructed to remove your headset.
– Upon entering the scene read the introduction panel and look at the arrow on the right of it to move on.
– Then read the instructions on the panel and look at the arrow to the left to move on.
– Focus on a hotspot to see what each one relates to.
– To explore a hotspot focus on it for 2 seconds and you will trigger an animation.
– Explore all hotspots.